Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Unlike Life

Why is life like that?

There's so much around us. 

We live in a box and think we know what happens around the world. 


So many things happen to so many,

We cry about our tragedies 

And think our pain is not comparable to any other.


I got out. I met. I talked.

I saw just a few different people.

I cried, I ached for how life is to them. 


I want to change life,

Yet I'm not willing to change anything in my own world.

I'm trapped in my happiness and my sorrows. 


I want to heal their pain,

But I can't look beyond my injuries. 

I think of the casualties in my world and forget theirs. 


I want to relieve them just a little,

But I think my hands are already too full.

My loved ones are so important that it doesn't matter that they don't have anyone. 


Life is a struggle for everyone.

It's a number of battles that everyone has to fight everyday. 

Some are upset about losing the war, but some can't even win their little fights. 


I want to fight for them,

Yet I'm defeated by my own comforts. 

I'm already a slave of what I have and fending for my responsibilities. 


It seems that they need so much help. 

But I realize I'm the one who is really helpless. 

I'm confined to my world within some kind of cage, and I think theirs is despaired! 


When does this state of restlessness subside?

When do we all feel that there's justice? 

There's randomness in our qualities of life that's making everything look chaotic. 


They say it's karma but nobody knows,

There are too many unknowns in this system. 

To punish someone for a crime they are unaware seems like crime in itself. 


Why is life like that?

What is the rationale in it being so cruel to some and so pleasing to others?

It's not a matter of perspective for sure...but that's definitely the excuse that is used! 

No comments:

Post a Comment