The Idea:
Nature offers us everything and leaves it up to us to decide what we enjoy and what we complain about. Rain for instance, is one thing that a lot of us enjoy and in every moment of enjoyment, somewhere inside of us is a moment of deep reflection.
The Conclusion:
As important it is to recognize that nothing is permanent for the things that we care for or enjoy, it is also important to apply that theory for the more sorrowful moments in our life. If the day is followed by the darkness of the night, the night too is followed by a brand new sunrise.
Bright and Shade
Nature offers us everything and leaves it up to us to decide what we enjoy and what we complain about. Rain for instance, is one thing that a lot of us enjoy and in every moment of enjoyment, somewhere inside of us is a moment of deep reflection.
The Conclusion:
As important it is to recognize that nothing is permanent for the things that we care for or enjoy, it is also important to apply that theory for the more sorrowful moments in our life. If the day is followed by the darkness of the night, the night too is followed by a brand new sunrise.
Bright and Shade
I bend upon the
balcony wall.
I stare out onto the
shaded town.
I must get back to
work again,
The sound of the rain,
presses me on.
The chill in the air,
And the chai in my
hand…
The trickling water on
the windows…
The racing thoughts in
my mind.
I stand here
appreciating nature,
Elsewhere someone
might be complaining.
I stand here shielded
from the harsh sunlight.
Elsewhere someone
might have been burnt.
There’s always the
black and white…
There are always the
gradient grays…
Sometimes the glaring contrasts
are soothing,
Sometimes a little lit
up and partially shaded ways.
Tomorrow the
perspective might change,
Tomorrow, I might see
that which is hidden away…
But today I enjoy my
clouded views,
Today I listen to the
music of the rain.
I drown my thoughts in
the puddles ahead,
I splash, I spin, I
play.
I feel the presence of
God in the thunders,
I want to enjoy His
magic atleast today.
The droplets beat
against my face,
I extend my hands and
try to hold on.
But like everything in
nature, the water too
Like time it just
slips away.
The rainbow appears,
fills my heart with color,
And with joy and hope,
yet despair…
The clouds are
clearing, making way for the sun…
And for the brightness
that I don’t want to remember.
brilliant execution of imagery....... !! you say clouded views, ironical cause you seem to be so vivid in thought and perception...
ReplyDeletethe opening two lines are so beautiful that i almost bent myself in remembering the view of THE day.
surely with such thoughtful progressive writing you will "see what's hidden away".
loved many thoughts and ideas in the poem...great job!!
Nic poem mamu.. Amazing imagery... The expressions are described to perfection :)
ReplyDelete